Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day is Sewing Day

Yes, if you are me, then Mother's Day = a full day of sewing :) And a lot of relaxing :) It is lovely to have children old enough to cook breakfast in bed and do the dishes and cook dinner and ... and... and... all those years of training are paying off!

I'm still not quite sure what I will be sewing today... catch up on boms, start something new, finish quilting some tops.... hmm, I will figure it out :)

I finished Betty a few days ago, and turned her into a cushion cover:


She really needs some flowers around her.... next time.... for now it was fun playing with her.

Yesterday I went to my local quilt group. We meet on a Saturday afternoon, once a fortnight. I only just joined up after we moved to this little town. It is a lovely, friendly group of ladies. They do quilts for charity, and I thought I'd better pull my weight and help out. It turned out that they had plenty of tops, but needed them to be quilted, so I brought two home and will probably work on them today.

I'll have photos of them soon too... but for now I think I'd better get out of bed and start sewing or else I won't get anything done!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Betty looks great Joy, yep same day for me too sewing-sewing -sewing and hopefully I will have another ufo finished today -have a great day,cheers Vickie

Alice said...

Yes, I am jealous--can I borrow a teenager that can cook? I still love your swirly quilting. L,A-

Jill said...

Betty is adorable! Happy Mother's Day!

MamaHen said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!!!! Glad you had a good sewing day!

Where in the World is Karla said...

Thhanks great blog post

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online