Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The finishes are starting to come in...!

Yes, even I have managed to finish something - amazing! I have been so busy and battling illness, but I did finish the charity quilt just in time to hand it in:


It took me long enough to quilt it - it's been sitting in a corner for a few months I think, just waiting and waiting for some attention. Alice wanted a close up of the quilting...


I just did a quick loopy design with variegated thread. I had a few bits that didn't go quite as smoothly as I hoped, but mostly it was ok. At least it is done - right?!

Stacy from Pink Berry Sprinkles finished this gorgeous quilt:


I love the colors, I love the pattern, I love the quilting..... I just love it!!


Well done Stacy!

Shelley has been busy again and finished this unique picture:

She painted some of it and then used scrapbooking paper and embellishments for the rest of it. Now I wish I was this creative!!! And look Alice - there is lots of purple in it!! Now I know there weren't any "stitches" in this project, but it is a finished craft UFO, so it counts :) Well done Shelley!

In other news.... I have nearly finished the crochet bag that I have been working on for months... years... decades... no, really, I started it months ago and then got distracted and it has been feeling very neglected. It just needed flowers and buttons and putting together. Today I got the flowers done... tomorrow I will put it together? I hope... :) I also still want to finish the craft/sewing bag I was working on so that I can take it to hospital with me. Those are my grand plans anyway :)

I got the loveliest surprise the other day from my dear friend Deborah, the Crochet Queen. She made this lovely bag with goodies in it for me:



The bikkies didn't last long (they were very,very morish!), but the "low fat treat" will last a long time I'm sure! Isn't it cute?


I took a photo of it next to a pen so that you can see how little it is :) Here is a better photo pinched from Deborah's blog:


Isn't it sweet?! Thank you Deborah - you are so sweet too :) This really made my day. The basket already has all sorts of junk, er, useful craft things in it :)

Tomorrow.... the next block for Fruit of the Spirit....

PS... Just came across this quilt along hosted by A Few Scraps. It's a brilliant idea of doing the actual "quilting" rather than piecing like most other quilt alongs. I really, really want to join in on this... do you think I could take Nina with me to hospital?! Well, I can catch up can't I?! I hope so! Go over to A Few Scraps and check it out :) I know I can use as much help and practice as I can get with machine quilting! Oh and there is a giveaway :) Go, go, go - quick!

5 comments:

Stacy Lindblom said...

That's a great blog!! Hope you're feeling better today!

Alice said...

Love your squiggly quilting. It is very cute. And Stacy and Shelley's work is gorgeous too. L,A-

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've been unwell. :o(
However it's so lovely to see your beautiful charity quilt finished. What a great job and I just love the free motion quilting. It's a skill I would really love to work on more. I'm such a beginner. (grin) So with that in mind, thank you for sharing the "A Few Scraps" link. What a great idea. I may just have to get in on that one. ;o)

Everyone's work is so beautiful. Congratulations to all the finishers.

Crowing Moon said...

your charity quilt is lovely..I love the quilting on Staceys quilt too....
Hugs
Shelley

MamaHen said...

You are amazing!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online