I was glad we were able to have one last dinner together though. As I was thinking about what to cook, I thought of a yummy lasagne type casserole that I used to make a lot. Since I had just finished a row of butterflies for the new Round Robin over at Patchwork Posse, I decided that it was meant to be....
So I got out the butterfly pasta (that's what we call it anyway!), made up white sauce and mince.. then started layering:

White sauce and butterflies... then steamy hot mince mixture:

More butterflies:

More white sauce and cheese:

Ready to go in the oven... forgot to take a photo of it done, and it didn't last long enough to take a photo once I remembered.... :) Yum! Must make it more often!
And what about the Butterfly Row for the Round Robin? Here it is, blue butterflies all in a row:

Ready for the next row.... Just in case you are wondering, I am using my stash for this quilt and also decided to try to do each row with one main color... let's see how it works out, and let's see if I can keep up this time!!!

2 comments:
Oh yummmm! I call it butterfly pasta too :)
Your fabric butterflies are sweet.
My gorgeous charm pack arrived from Alice also ... thankyou so much!
That does look delish! I may have to give it a try.
How are you anyway? You haven't posted in awhile (I'm not doing so well in that realm myself). Is everything good?
Post a Comment