Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Hot Potato in my Mailbox!

My Hot Potato arrived on Monday!! That evening I cut out the pattern and Tuesday morning I had one finished:




Now Vicki included this cute card with the pattern:


And in it she wrote this:


Do you see the bit where she says she bets I can't make JUST one?

She was right.

That afternoon I decided to brew up a pot of tea and have it in my sewing room. I put the little wallet with the teapot for inspiration:


By the time the teapot and cup were empty, the wallets (and scraps of fabric) had multiplied:


Hnmmm... if that is how quickly they sew up in one day, imagine how many I'll have done by the end of the month?! They really are cute and quick!

Don't forget that in a month I will be passing this hot potato on again! You too could have little wallets multiplying in your sewing room!

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yes please - I'll have your hot potato. So cute!! I want to make some. I'm not sure what for but I am sure I can find a purpose!!?! Lol. what about a small needle keeper, keep applique cottons and needles together, mobile phone pouch, of course loose change, make up pouch for gifts? Good work Joy - love your samples.

Alice said...

Speed sewing again??? They are very cute. Course you little tea cozy, cup, hot potato display is very cute too. L,A-

MamaHen said...

I love those little wallets. So cute!

I'm Deborah said...

LOVE the little pouches..... they are so cute and useful..... I can see why you had to make so many! LOL!

BTW I'll get Isaac on the case for a made up word and let you know what he comes up with!!

Hope you are well.... hopefully will catch up soon.

Dx

Wendy said...

They are gorgeous, love the fabric you used. What a great idea the Hot Potato is!

Kim said...

Very cute! Could you use those as tea bag envelopes or wallets or whatever those things are called? That would make a cute gift with a tea cup or other tea stuff.

Joy McD said...

I was thinking the same, that they could be used for teabags as well... they really are handy!
lv,
Joy

BubzRugz said...

Hi Joy,
Just to let you know I got 4 blocks done this week..... well this month so far!
Hugz
Fiona

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Joy--oh how cute--love the fabrics you choose!!! I do have that pattern--it's on my "to do" someday list!!!! I seem to be back into a cleaning getting rid of mood again--soooooo!!!!!
Hugs, Di

Angela said...

Hi! I popped over from Naomi's blog after seeing her "hot potato" wallet! It and yours are great! I'd love to get my hands on that pattern, too!
Take care,
Angela

Vicki ♥ said...

I told you didnt I? heheheh I am going to make some more tomorrow as I have given all the ones I made away. I just love giving them for gifts and all those who I have given them too just love them to bits. Hugs Vicki

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online